Friday, November 23, 2012

Lzy Wriders Untie

I have a new Grand Fiend story going up on Linguistic Erosion a couple of days from now. I am happy that I can still be in the right mood to create the tone. I wrote five of them from April to August and I put them in a little chapbook, which I made 13 and sold 0. My salesmanship is still a stellar thing to behold.

I looked in my notebook a week ago and saw the first paragraph of a Grand Fiend story and figured I could toss this out in a half hour and submit it a half hour after that. That is what I did. I have been very fast with these and I had the thought that I could just type and they would be decent.

You know where this is going. Yeah, the editor for Linguistic Erosion, that accepted all five previous ones, sent me an email saying that it is ragged and can I edit this puppy. I was chagrined. I have always been the type to not care about editing or proofreading, I get too into the rush of first draft creation that  I forget that the rush does not translate always into a complete story.

I brushed it through again, and even came up with a better joke at the end, or at least I thought it funnier. Luckily, it was accepted. Its nice to be published, and its a good thing to be humbled back into reality from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment