Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Hangover Hour

I have been off writing and working and running after a four year old. in my spare time, I am setting up a new spoken word reading venue in the city of Worcester. This is a little different, it is at 5 on a Sunday and there will be an open mike for everyone, it will not have a feature per se. It will have people performing the work of forgotten old writers. Actually, not that forgotten. I think all are pretty well known. We have Parker, Millay, Frank O Hara, Stephen Vincent Benet, Lord Buckley and then my favorite, Ruth Draper, who is pretty forgotten. I got the okay for six evenings to try it out. IT is the Hangover Hour Spoken Word Salon and it will be at Nick's starting on May 12th. Very excited. Almost done with the first flyer which will have an open and Tony Brown, poet and raconteur, perform a little Lord Buckley goodness.

That's where I've been

No comments:

Post a Comment