Saturday, August 25, 2012

Silent But Deadly Inspiration

Yesterday I was talking to someone about films that do not age well. He said as a kid he loved Black Hole, and now he finds it the dullest kind of crap you possibly could watch. I said that the Original Willy Wonka movie is pretty dull, the first 40 minutes at any rate, man that is one of the worst beginnings of any classic I can think of.

This brought to mind movies I loved but don't want to see again because now I might find them ridiculously pretentious. In my twenties, I loved the obscure film. Now, in some cases I think they are little known for a reason.

Which is why I will not see La Grande Boufe again. I saw it 18 or so years ago and I thought it amazing. Four middle age french guys hole up in a villa and eat themselves to death. That's it. They eat a lot and one by one they die from over eating. I thought it the shit. It was something. Now I wonder what I would make of it?

I mention this film because I was inspired to write the latest Short Order Mad Man story while thinking of this flick. In one scene, one of the characters farts for 2 minutes and then is dead/ That always tickled me. On thinking of it, I put that idea into the rarefied world of the Short Order Mad Man.

here it is http://www.linguisticerosion.com/2012/08/the-short-order-mad-man-on-silent-but.html

No comments:

Post a Comment