Tuesday, August 21, 2012

What we talk about when we talk about talking about what we talk about

I forgot I wrote this piece. Linguistic Erosion put it up yesterday. I went to a writing workshop at a great bar in Worcester, Nick's and Nick Davis was running a drunken workshop. It was just me and him. I wrote about a conversation I heard at the bar. Usually, I have a "no stealing a person's story" policy. But this time I read it to him and he was flattered. I was happy he didn't slug me, so there you go.

The title is not from Raymond Carver's What we talk about when we talk about love. But Murakami's What I talk about when I talk about running, which he admits taking the title from Carver, so does that mean I took it from Carver twice removed? It's like Degrees of Kevin Bacon, but with high falutin literature instead.

http://www.linguisticerosion.com/2012/08/what-we-talk-about-when-we-talk-in-bars.html

No comments:

Post a Comment